Friday, October 20, 2006
Politics of the Day
"...In a notice dated Wednesday, the Justice Department listed 196 pending habeas cases, some of which cover groups of detainees. The new Military Commissions Act (MCA), it said, provides that "no court, justice, or judge" can consider those petitions or other actions related to treatment or imprisonment filed by anyone designated as an enemy combatant, now or in the future."
1) All your civil liberties are belong to George.
2) All your truth are...errr buried on page A16 of the Post.
I don't know which is more shameful.
On another note, here are my predictions for the election:
1) Optional October surprise.
2) Optional because voting machine tricks and "suppression" tactics will easily marginally turn the election for the Republicans.
3) The biggie, to shift attention, Iran will be attacked immediately following the election.
4) Back to point 1, if there is an October surprise, it will be *enormous* - the Big Lie technique writ so large, I won't know whether to laugh or puke.
5) Points 3 + 4 ensure Dems are out of the game for at least another year.
NB - I'm not saying an Irani bomb isn't scary. I'm just pointing out that attacking them will be political, not strategic.